Getting the Most Out of the Research Experience: What Every Researcher Needs to Know (Paperback)Brian E. Roberts (author)
- We can order this
While each research situation is different and no book can fully prepare the researcher for what they experience - this book provides a guide to what may be expected. Brian Roberts takes the researcher through the research process, answering the practical and subjective questions anyone will face:
- entering the field and finding the right research topic
- emotional and identity issues of research
- overcoming writing and research 'blocks'
- getting your research into reports, articles and books
- reactions to research and how to handle experiences of rejection
- and the questions every researcher should ask: What do I get from research, and what next?
Loaded with advice on everything from organizing interpretations to coping with stress, this book is a must-read for students of all levels across the social sciences who are about to enter the research field.
Publisher: SAGE Publications Inc
Number of pages: 176
Weight: 272 g
Dimensions: 234 x 156 x 11 mm
"Roberts offers an easy-to-read introduction to managing both the research process and the emotional challenges often associated with it. With its holistic approach and attention to almost of all aspects of the research process, this work (despite some deficiencies) should benefit beginning researchers. Summing up: Recommended." -- R.V. Labaree
You may also be interested in...
Please sign in to write a review