Getting Children Writing: Story Ideas for Children Aged 3 to 11 (Paperback)Simon Brownhill (author)
- We can order this
- Sarah Martin-Denham, Senior Lecturer in Primary Education, University of Sunderland
This book is a practical guide designed to stimulate story writing in the early years and primary classroom. It offers a collection of novel and effective Ideas which can be used by educators to energise, excite and motivate children to willingly write stories across the 3-11 age phase.
Each chapter offers creative and innovative Ideas to get children writing stories, including:
- how to help children 'see the point' of story writing
- how speaking and listening, reading and phonics can be utilised to enhance written stories
- how technology can facilitate refreshing story writing
- how story writing can be physically interactive.
By combining theory with practice, this book is ideal for those training to teach the 3 to 11 age range, those beginning their teaching career, and those who are established in their professional role.
Simon Brownhill is Senior Teaching Associate at the University of Cambridge.
Publisher: SAGE Publications Ltd
Number of pages: 304
Weight: 532 g
Dimensions: 242 x 170 x 18 mm
-Sarah Martin-Denham, Senior Lecturer in Primary Education, University of Sunderland
You may also be interested in...
Please sign in to write a review