Get Plucky with the Ukulele: How To Play Ukulele in Easy-to-Follow Steps (Paperback)Will Grove-White (author)
- In stock online
Interested in the ukulele and want to learn how to play it? This is the book for you.
This all-encompassing guide to the ukulele is written by Will Grove-White, one of the world-renowned Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain. Clearly written, beautifully designed, and chock-full of photos and illustrations, Get Plucky With the Ukulele is the perfect teach-yourself ukulele book for adults and children alike, and a must for anyone with an interest in the instrument.
- No knowledge of music required
- Clearly written and easy to understand
- Full colour photographic illustrations
- Chords to learn and songs to strum
- Simple and advanced strumming techniques
- Pull-out Chord Dictionary
- Tips and tricks for writing your own songs
- How to play in a group
- Play along with the songs online
- A complete history of the ukulele
- Biographies of great uke players from past and present
- Ukulele revelations about Jimi Hendrix, Neil Armstrong, Elvis Presley and more...
Publisher: Octopus Publishing Group
Number of pages: 192
Weight: 586 g
Dimensions: 241 x 191 x 16 mm
A jollier than usual teach yourself manual... also an encyclopedia-cum-history of 'all things uke' * The Oldie *
As someone who seems to spend all my waking hours immersed in the ukulele, I learned much from this book. Beautifully presented and illustrated throughout... Highly recommended. * Got a Ukulele (Barry Maz) *
Witty, informative and opinionated. I heartily recommend picking up a copy. * Ukulele Hunt (Al Wood) *
Definitely the best book on the ukulele I have ever read. * Lynn Barber *
You may also be interested in...
Please sign in to write a review