A delicate exploration of the discrimination that gender-diverse people face, this book analyzes the relationship between gender identity and performance in the workplace while considering the emotional and economic survival of those who identify as transgender.
* Discusses long-ignored nuances of transgender identity through narratives of non-binary, gender-fluid, and genderless experiences, in the context of workplace discrimination
* Extends existing theoretical literature on masculinity in the workplace, gender discrimination, and gender performance
* Identifies factors that may preclude and minimize discrimination
* Proposes a pragmatic set of policy recommendations for employers, community leaders, and others
* Provides best practices around such policy items as bathroom access, workplace transition, hiring practices, and inclusive workplace culture
Number of pages: 192
"A blunt primer and call to action for leaders serious about recruiting and retaining diverse talent." - Associations Now