Put the fun into functional skills with specially written engaging real-life situations that use mathematics. Students will become confident in applying maths to a range of problems that prepare them for work and life. Ready-to-use tasks can be slotted into everyday GCSE Maths lessons to cover Level 1 and Level 2 functional skills.
* Develop problem solving skills with 40 totally new and inspiring topics, some familiar and some unfamiliar, grouped into three sections: beginner, improver, advanced
* Build, apply and secure the functional and process skills that are integral to the 2010 GCSE Maths Specifications
* Challenge students at all levels with open questions that can be approached in different ways
* Encourage discussion and collaboration between students to encourage team work and responsibility
* Make mathematics relevant and useful, with scenarios such as Coastguard Search and Rescue, and Investigating Design and Cost in Tea Bag Production
* Promote self-assessment with 'How did you find these tasks?' questions at the end of each topic
Publisher: HarperCollins Publishers
Number of pages: 160
Weight: 360 g
Dimensions: 265 x 192 x 9 mm
You may also be interested in...
Please sign in to write a review