Britain's best B&B guide to France, aimed at independent travellers seeking a truly special place to stay. Travelling the length and breadth of the country, our French team has selected over 800 B&Bs, including our Award Winners. Fall in love with a place and stay longer, change your route and stop off somewhere new - there's great flexibility here.
An intriguing range of bed and breakfasts is included: ski chalets, chateaux, farmhouses, treehouses, pieds-a-terre in lovely old cities and studio apartments in tiny mountain hamlets. We meet a wide variety of owners too, from those running authentic old-style `chambres d'hotes' to creative young couples opening eco-chic B&Bs. What they have in common is their devotion to making you feel special. They can also tell you about gastronomic breaks and wine tours, painting, cookery and language courses, and give you the low down on all the best places.
* Be inspired by our biggest ever collection as we celebrate 20 years of discovering France's loveliest B&B's
* Over 800 hand-picked places, more than 250 new for this edition, including our Award winners
* Fresh pastries on sunny terraces at breakfast; a crackling fire for home-cooked dinners with your hosts
* Seriously good value - plenty of places have double rooms for 80euros or less
* From Boulogne to Biarritz, we've visited every cottage, chateau, chalet, townhouse and farm, and we love them - we know you will too!
Publisher: Alastair Sawday Publishing
Number of pages: 544
Dimensions: 220 x 128 mm
Edition: 15th edition