Learn to build powerful and scalable applications with Flux, the architecture that serves billions of Facebook users every day
About This Book
* This the first resource dedicated to the new architectural pattern that powers Facebook
* You'll learn all the tips and tricks you need to get the most out of Flux
* Filled with practical, hands-on samples, you'll not only understand how Flux works, but will be able to start building Flux-powered applications straight away
Who This Book Is For
Are you trying to use React, but are struggling to get your head around Flux? Maybe you're tired of MV* spaghetti code at scale? Do you find yourself asking what the Flux?!
Flux Architecture will guide you through everything you need to understand the Flux pattern, and design and build powerful web applications that rely on the Flux architecture.
What You Will Learn
* Understand the Flux pattern and how it will impact your React applications
* Build real-world applications that rely on Flux
* Handle asynchronous actions in your application
* Implement immutable stores with Immutable.js
* Replace React.js with alternate View components such as jQuery and Handlebars
* Test and benchmark your Flux architecture using Jest-Facebook's enhancement of the Jasmine library
Whilst React has become Facebook's poster-child for clean, complex, and modern web development, it has quietly been underpinned by its simplicity. It's just a view. The real beauty in React is actually the architectural pattern that handles data in and out of React applications: Flux. With Flux, you're able to build data-rich applications that engage your users, and scale to meet every demand. It is a key part of the Facebook technology stack that serves billions of users every day.
This book will start by introducing the Flux pattern and help you get an understanding of what it is and how it works. After this, we'll build real-world React applications that highlight the power and simplicity of Flux in action. Finally, we look at the landscape of Flux and explore the Alt and Redux libraries that make React and Flux developments easier.
Filled with fully-worked examples and code-first explanations, by the end of the book, you'll not only have a rock solid understanding of the architecture, but will be ready to implement Flux architecture in anger.
Style and approach
This book is filled with practical, hands-on examples. You'll not only understand how Flux works, but will be able to start building Flux-powered applications straight away.
Publisher: Packt Publishing Limited
Number of pages: 352
Weight: 603 g
Dimensions: 235 x 191 x 19 mm