The expert authors of Flex 3 in Action have one goal-to help you get down to
business with Flex 3. Fast.
Flex 3 in Action is an easy-to-follow, hands-on Flex 3 tutorial. Chock-full of
examples, this book goes beyond feature coverage and helps readers put Flex to
work in real day-to-day tasks. This book helps Flex developers make their Flex
applications stand out from the crowd. How comprehensive is Flex 3 in Action?
* Interesting themes, styles, and skins? It's in there.
* Working with databases? You got it.
* Interactive forms and validation? You bet.
* Charting techniques to help you visualize data? Bam!
Many Flex books are overwhelming to new users-focusing on the complexities
of the language and super-specialized subjects in the Flex eco-system. Flex 3 in
Action filters out the noise and dives into the core topics users need every day.
Using numerous easy-to-understand examples, Flex 3 in Action provides a strong
foundation that readers can build on as the complexity of their projects increases.
* Expert authors have been working with Flex since the first version
* Comprehensive yet easy to follow
* Numerous do-this-every-day examples
* Gets users ramped up and productive very quickly!
* Makes the entry into using Flex fun, easy, and less scary
This book is written for the millions of day-to-day web designers and developers
who need to learn Flex to stay current.
New web applications require engaging user-friendly interfaces-and the cooler,
the better. With Flex 3, web developers at any skill level can create high-quality,
effective, and interactive Rich Internet Applications (RIAs) quickly and easily.
Flex removes the complexity barrier from RIA development by offering sophisticated
tools and a straightforward programming language so you can focus on
what you want to do instead of how to do it. And now that the major components
of Flex are free and open-source, the cost barrier is gone, as well!
Publisher: Manning Publications
Number of pages: 600
Weight: 972 g
Dimensions: 236 x 188 x 28 mm