First-Time Parent: The Honest Guide to Coping Brilliantly and Staying Sane in Your Baby's First Year (Paperback)Lucy Atkins (author)
- 10+ in stock
Forget unrealistic childcare manuals - this is the book you really need to help you cope brilliantly with those first chaotic days and months ahead.
As a health journalist and mother-of-three, Lucy Atkins is familiar with both the medical aspects of childbirth and baby development, and the reality of day-to-day life as an exhausted first-time mum or dad. In her feisty, humorous style, she begins with that first mind-blowing day and addresses the issues unique to the first-time parent who stares at their newborn and thinks "Where are the instructions?"
Anticipating the questions and concerns of all new mothers-Why does my baby cry so much? Will I ever lose all this weight? Am I a bad parent because...?-the book provides practical advice and level-headed reassurance. It addresses the needs of the baby and, very importantly, those of the parent during the first year of their baby's life.
The First-Time Parent is on your side, and reassures that you can cope brilliantly with your new baby and your new life.
* Starter's orders - the equipment and kit you really need.
* Hello - how to cope with the first few hours
* Start - coming home, bonding, how to survive the first few days
* Sleep - for everyone!
* Cry - why your baby cries, what to do, why you'll want to cry, too
* Eat -breastfeeding, supplemental feeding, moving to solids, nutrition
* Grow - baby's physical and mental development
* Play - yes, you two actually can have fun
* Live - adapting to your new life, the changing mother-father relationship
* Work - coping with being at home and with going back to work
Publisher: HarperCollins Publishers
Number of pages: 224
Weight: 700 g
Dimensions: 246 x 189 x 14 mm
'An honest, down-to-earth guide.' - Mother and Baby
'Eminently more friendly than most baby manuals.' - Sunday Express
'A great book for any first-time mother.' - Sarah Beeny, TV property expert and mother of four.
'You can't go wrong with a book as comprehensive as First-Time Parent.' - Tidewater Parent
You may also be interested in...
Would you like to proceed to the App store to download the Waterstones App?
Alternatively, for multiple items you may find it easier to add to basket, then pay online and collect in as little as 2 hours, subject to availability.