Rowe and Kidd explore the too often ignored issue of physician self-care and highlight the dangers of ignoring this problem. It is a timely examination of the troubles doctors the world over face regarding their work-life balance and receiving mental health care.
With their extensive medical and professional experience, the authors have created a legacy to be shared with doctors worldwide, at all stages of their careers. In responding to the new challenges of 21st-century medicine and the medical workforce shortage, they advocate for a new meaning of the doctors' ancient creed.
They propose eight essential principles towards being a resilient doctor:
- Make home a sanctuary
- Value strong relationships
- Have an annual preventive health assessment
- Control stress, not people
- Recognize conflict as a opportunity
- Manage bullying and violence assertively
- Make our medical organizations work for us
- Create a legacy
Publisher: McGraw-Hill Education - Europe
Number of pages: 180
Weight: 1 g
Dimensions: 82 x 55 x 5 mm
You may also be interested in...
Please sign in to write a review