Finnish: An Essential Grammar - Routledge Essential Grammars (Hardback)Fred Karlsson (author)
- Not available
This thoroughly revised third edition of Finnish: An Essential Grammar is grounded in fundamental insights of modern linguistics and incorporates some of the latest achievements in the description of written and spoken Finnish. It gives a systematic account of the structures of the written language and offers increased attention to the key characteristics of present-day colloquial Finnish. No prior knowledge is assumed on the part of the reader and grammatical rules are clearly explained without jargon.
Features of this new edition include:
* pronunciation guide, including the tendencies in present-day colloquial Finnish
* thorough descriptions of morphology (word structure) and syntax (sentence structure)
* clear rules and an abundance of concrete examples, from both written and colloquial Finnish
* updated vocabulary in the examples
* an effective new scheme for detecting the morphological structure of any word form
* subject index.
This is the ideal reference source both for those studying Finnish independently and for students in schools, colleges, universities and adult classes of all types.
Publisher: Taylor & Francis Ltd
Number of pages: 280
Weight: 544 g
Dimensions: 235 x 159 x 27 mm
You may also be interested in...
Please sign in to write a review