There is a new edition of this book available:Even You Can Learn Statistics and Analytics: An Easy to Understand Guide, 4th Edition (ISBN-13: 978-0-13-765476-5).
Thought you couldn't learn statistics? You can – and you will! Even You Can Learn Statistics and Analytics, Third Edition is the practical, up-to-date introduction to statistics – for everyone! Now fully updated for "big data" analytics and the newest applications, it'll teach you all the statistical techniques you'll need for finance, marketing, quality, science, social science, and more – one easy step at a time. Simple jargon-free explanations help you understand every technique, and extensive practical examples and worked problems give you all the hands-on practice you'll need. This edition contains more practical examples than ever – all updated for the newest versions of Microsoft Excel. You'll find downloadable practice files, templates, data sets, and sample models – including complete solutions you can put right to work! Learn how to do all this, and more:
- Apply statistical techniques to analyze huge data sets and transform them into valuable knowledge
- Construct and interpret statistical charts and tables with Excel or OpenOffice.org Calc 3
- Work with mean, median, mode, standard deviation, Z scores, skewness, and other descriptive statistics
- Use probability and probability distributions
- Work with sampling distributions and confidence intervals
- Test hypotheses with Z, t, chi-square, ANOVA, and other techniques
- Perform powerful regression analysis and modeling
- Use multiple regression to develop models that contain several independent variables
- Master specific statistical techniques for quality and Six Sigma programs
Hate math? No sweat. You'll be amazed at how little you need. Like math? Optional "Equation Blackboard" sections reveal the mathematical foundations of statistics right before your eyes. If you need to understand, evaluate, or use statistics in business, academia, or anywhere else, this is the book you've been searching for!
Publisher: Pearson Education (US)
Number of pages: 384
Weight: 606 g
Dimensions: 231 x 179 x 21 mm
You may also be interested in...
Would you like to proceed to the App store to download the Waterstones App?