The second edition of this popular textbook has been thoroughly revised, expanded and updated in order to reflect the recent extensive changes in European IP legislation. Providing an in-depth examination of the core areas of IP law, from copyright, patents and trade marks through to the protection of plant varieties and industrial design, it is perfectly pitched to guide the reader through the complexities of the European IP system.
New to this edition:
* Coverage of recent legislative changes since the first edition, including detail on the proposed new copyright package
* New expanded chapters on Plant Variety Rights, Industrial Designs and Geographical Indications
* New chapter on IPRs and Unfair Competition, including Trade Secrets
* Expanded chapter on patents, including coverage of the unitary patent and the unitary patent and the UPC, by new co-author and patent expert Stefan Luginbuehl.
* Concise and straightforward style, gives students and non-specialist practitioners a clear understanding of the fundamentals of European intellectual property law
* Highlights extracts from primary sources including decisions of the CJEU and other key case law, reports, and white papers
* Poses questions designed to provoke critical thinking and reflection around legal problems
* Covers related areas adjacent to IP law, in order to help students understand the context in which IP legislation operates
* Gives an overview of community and European IP rights and areas that have been harmonised at a legislative level
* Considers international IP protection and the interrelation between European and IP law more broadly in order to promote comparative study.
With its detailed and comprehensive overview on the structure and content of European IP law, this textbook has proved an essential companion to both basic and advanced courses on European intellectual property across the globe.
Publisher: Edward Elgar Publishing Ltd
Number of pages: 712
Dimensions: 169 x 244 mm
Edition: 2nd Revised edition
'Authoritative and remarkably comprehensive, European Intellectual Property Law: Text, Cases and Materials is an indispensable resource for any student-or practitioner-seeking to learn the fundamentals of European intellectual property law. In this Second Edition, Kur, Dreier, and Luginbuehl provide an up-to-the-minute account of a fast-changing field.' -- Barton Beebe, New York University, US
'A great textbook for professors to teach European IP law for both European and non-European students.' -- Toshiko Takenaka, University of Washington, US, Keio University, Japan and Technical University of Munich, Germany
Acclaim for the first edition:
'This clearly-written and comprehensive text, by two leading scholars of European intellectual property law, is extremely adaptable. It is a perfect platform for classroom teaching, and is also a fine resource for those researching in what is becoming an increasingly complex field.' -- Graeme B. Dinwoodie, Chicago-Kent University, US