from 2 Hours* Last Christmas
delivery dates Free UK Standard Delivery On all orders over £25 Order in time for Christmas 20th December 2nd Class | 22nd December by 3pm 1st Class Free Click & Collect to UK shops From 2 hours after you order*
First published in 1989, this widely hailed core text of the dynamics of ethnic identities and movements in the South Asian region is perhaps even more relevant today, as the region faces a resurgence of ethno-nationalist sentiments and the outbreak of new ethnic conflict. Among the features of this thoroughly revised edition are:
- it provides a critical appraisal of various theoretical approaches to the study of ethnicity and nation-building
- delineates the ethnic composition of the South Asian Region
- examines the specific state structures of the countries studied: India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Bhutan and the Maldives
- discusses various ethnic movements in these countries
- covers the most recent developments in the region
Publisher: SAGE Publications Inc
Number of pages: 468
Weight: 510 g
Dimensions: 215 x 139 x 25 mm
Edition: Revised edition
You may also be interested in...
Would you like to proceed to the App store to download the Waterstones App?
For shops outside of these areas: reserve online, pay on collection.
Or, add to basket, pay online, collect in as little as 2 hours, subject to availability.