Erskine May is the eponymous guide to parliamentary practice and procedure, providing accurate and detailed information on the constituent parts of Parliament, its powers and jurisdictions, membership of either House, financial procedure and the process of debate.
This edition includes: :
* Developments in relation to Parliamentary Privilege (respective roles of Parliament and the courts, the search of a Member's office, the Parliamentary Standards Act)
* Changes in the role of the House of Lords relating to the creation of the Supreme Court
* Developments in Parliamentary procedure including:
- the first use of the procedure to elect a new Speaker by secret ballot; deputy speakers are also elected in this way for the first time;
- the creation of evidence-taking Public Bill Committees;
- introduction of topical debates;
- developments in select committee practice notably the election of select committee Chairs;
- the establishment of a Backbench Business Committee
* Changes in the structure of the House Service
* The impact on procedural and practical issues of the formation of a Coalition Government
* Significant changes to Members' expenses which affect Parliament
Publisher: LexisNexis UK ISBN: 9781405751063 Number of pages: 1097 Weight: 1300 g Dimensions: 246 x 155 x 44 mm Edition: 24th edition
Simply reserve online and pay at the counter when you collect.
Available in shop from just two hours, subject to availability.
Thank you for your reservation
Your order is now being processed and we have sent a confirmation email to you at
This item can be requested from the shops shown below. If this item isn't available to be reserved nearby, add the item to your basket instead and select 'Deliver to my local shop' at the checkout, to be able to collect it from there at a later date.
When will my order be ready to collect?
Following the initial email, you will be contacted by the shop to confirm that your item is available for collection.
Call us on or send us an email at
Unfortunately there has been a problem with your order
Please try again or alternatively you can contact your chosen shop on or send us an email at