A must-read for anyone seeking to understand the complex issues surrounding energy generation and use, this one-of-a-kind resource clarifies everything from the basic structure of the industry to the potential-and risks-of new technologies.
* Provides students, teachers, and the public with a single reference point on the entire energy industry and the opportunity to compare and contrast energy choices
* Discusses economic, environmental, and community contexts as well as the history of each covered energy source, traditional and alternative
* Raises critical economic, national security, and environmental issues, including our ability to rely on traditional resources such as oil, coal, natural gas, and uranium in the future
* Includes entries from the perspectives of industry insiders, environmentalists, indigenous people, and community activists
* Describes energy markets, government support, and environmental impact by energy source
Number of pages: 441
"Numerous contributors from a variety of backgrounds contribute thought-provoking essays raising issues of population, sustainability, national security, the role of government, and more, all of which impact both the global research and consumption of energy. . . . This set is recommended for general readers as well as students, high school and above." - ARBAonline
You may also be interested in...
Please sign in to write a review