This two-volume set provides a one-stop resource on invasive plants, animals, fungi, and microorganisms that are threatening native ecosystems, agriculture, economies, and human health in the United States.
* 79 entries on animal species and 89 entries on plants, including some fungi and microorganisms
* State-by-state lists of invasive animals and plants designated as noxious or invasive
* Maps accompany each entry, depicting the organism's original habitat and the regions to which it has now spread
* Tables on pathways of introduction and impacts of invasive plants
* Hundreds of photographs of featured plants, animals, and fungi
* A glossary of terms related to the biology and ecology of invasive species
* Appendixes containing information on organizations and legislation related to the prevention or control of invasive species
Number of pages: 764
Weight: 2018 g
Dimensions: 254 x 178 x 61 mm
"Notable for concise and reliable coverage of a plethora of invasive species, the set merits high recommendation for inclusion in special, public, and undergraduate libraries. Students and nonspecialists will find the work informative and engaging." - Booklist
"Summing Up: Recommended. Lower-level undergraduates and above." - Choice
"The proliferation of invasive species makes this timely set an important reference source." - Library Journal
You may also be interested in...
Please sign in to write a review