This is a revealing compilation of essays on the latest research and debates on Asian Americans, a growing and influential ethnic group today.
* Organizes 100 key issues impacting Asian Americans around thematic sections such as youth, family and the aged, health, law, education, the media, and immigration
* Includes the insights of over 100 leading experts and scholars on Asian American contemporary issues from fields such as education, public health, law, economics, and psychology
* Numerous sidebars appear with biographical profiles, quotations, statistics, and document snippets throughout the volumes
* Includes photos of community members, prominent Asian American figures, events, and more
* Suggested readings including electronic sources for 110 key issues along with recommended websites
Number of pages: 1005
Weight: 2404 g
Dimensions: 259 x 185 x 71 mm
"...this work capably balances a comprehensive overview of Asian American communities in general with descriptive, detailed commentaries on single Asian American populations. Summing Up: Highly recommended. Lower-level undergraduates through researchers/faculty." - Choice
"With the Encyclopedia of Asian American Issues Today, Chen and Yoo fill a gap in scholarly reference works concerning contemporary social issues affecting Asian Americans....Their Encyclopedia of Asian American Issues today is highly recommended for college and university libraries, especially those that support cultural and Asian or Asian American studies programmes." - Reference Reviews
You may also be interested in...
Please sign in to write a review