from 2 Hours* Last Christmas
delivery dates Free UK Standard Delivery On all orders over £25 Order in time for Christmas 19th December 2nd Class |
21st December by 3pm 1st Class Free Click & Collect to shops From 2 hours after you order*
Effective Teaching with Internet Technologies: Pedagogy and Practice (Paperback)Alan Pritchard (author)
- We can order this from the publisher
All schools now have internet access, but the potential of internet technology as a teaching and learning tool is still far from fully realised. This timely book helps teachers develop pedagogical skills in using the internet through a series of case studies of good practice, all of which are based on extensive classroom research. Accessible and practical, it is a guidebook on how integrate the use of technology across teaching and learning.
The book offers a range of ideas which can be used in different classroom settings. The emphasis is on practical ways of developing skills in teaching and learning, rather than on the technical specifics of the technology itself. Illustrative material - examples of children's work, website links, and further details of how projects were set up - are presented on a companion website.
- The internet and its use in Education - what is the internet and what is its history in schools?
- Pedagogy and the Internet - what impact is new technology having on teaching styles?
- Learning Theory - past and current perspectives
- Teaching with the internet - a series of case studies analysed in terms of pedagogy, learning theory and the effectiveness of the teaching and the learning.
- Effective Teaching with the Internet - some guidelines for good practice
This book will appeal to teachers in training as well as practising teachers, ICT co-ordinators and those on CPD courses.
Publisher: SAGE Publications Inc
Number of pages: 144
Weight: 260 g
Dimensions: 242 x 170 x 8 mm
Education in the North
You may also be interested in...
Would you like to proceed to the App store to download the Waterstones App?