Educational and Psychological Research: A Cross-Section of Journal Articles for Analysis and Evaluation (Paperback)Mildred L Patten (author)
- Not available
* This edition of our popular reader is entirely updated with timely articles that deal with broad issues in education and psychology. (For a research reader with emphasis on classroom issues, see A Cross Section of Educational Research.)
* This collection shows students the many inherent weaknesses of empirical methods as well as models of excellence. Unlike research readers that contain made-up articles, this one has both face validity and content validity. Your students will appreciate reading real articles with real results.
* The 34 research articles illustrate: *qualitative research
*combined qualitative/quantitative research
*test validity and reliability research
*true experimental research
* The lines are numbered sequentially, making it easy to refer to specific parts of each article during classroom discussions.
* This single source of research articles is convenient for you and your students.
* Easy to coordinate with any research methods text, this reader is an ideal way to make research methods come alive! Field-tested for student interest and comprehension.
* All major methods of research are illustrated with real research articles drawn from a wide variety of journals. (See Table of Contents.)
* Your students will become familiar with a wide variety of writing and organizational styles that real researchers use. Despite their variety, all articles in this book are highly comprehensible.
* Factual Questions at the end of each article encourage students to read for mythological points they might otherwise overlook.
* Questions for Discussion encourage students to address broad issues of research design. An instructor's answer key will be shipped with your examination copy.
* The interesting research topics will make your students look forward to doing their research reading homework.
Publisher: Pyrczak Publishing
Number of pages: 208
Edition: 2nd New edition
You may also be interested in...
Would you like to proceed to the App store to download the Waterstones App?