Education and Sustainability: Paradigms, Policies and Practices in Asia - Routledge Research in Asian Education (Hardback)Michelle Y. Merrill (editor), Youngho Chang (editor), Md Saidul Islam (editor), Patricia Burkhardt-Holm (editor), Chew Hung Chang (editor)
- Not available
This book provides an introduction to the state of sustainability education in Asia. It covers national policies, institutional policies and practices within Asian universities, sustainability considerations for teacher training at schools of education, and pedagogical practices for sustainability in higher education. With contributors from universities and NGOs in Indonesia, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, the Philippines, Cambodia, India, China and South Korea, this volume brings together the best papers from a series of successful international conferences on post-secondary education for sustainability in Asia.
The book is organized into five parts:
* Part I focuses on paradigms for sustainability education
* Part II looks at sustainability education contexts, strategies and outcomes at the national level
* Part III gives examples of sustainability programs and strategies adopted at specific universities
* Part IV highlights sustainability education research from schools of education
* Part V explores specific examples of post-secondary educational practices in sustainability
Publisher: Taylor & Francis Ltd
Number of pages: 302
Weight: 753 g
Dimensions: 235 x 159 mm
You may also be interested in...
Please sign in to write a review