Eastern Europe, Russia and Central Asia 2015 (Hardback)Europa Publications (editor)
- We can order this
Europa's comprehensive survey of Eastern Europe, Russia and Central Asia.
New for 2015
* extensive discussion of the political developments in Ukraine that led to the removal from office of President Viktor Yanukovych and the subsequent annexation of Crimea and Sevastopol by Russia
* a new essay discussing the separatist movements in Eastern Ukraine and their association with Russian state structures
* an overview of the radically revised Constitution of Georgia that entered into effect in late 2013, substantially reducing the powers of the President and increasing those of the Prime Minister and the Government
* coverage of the regional elections held in many territories of the Russian Federation in September 2014
Leading authorities on the region analyze topics of regional importance, including: opposition movements in contemporary Russia; the politics of energy in the Caspian Sea region; the economies of Eastern Europe, Russia and Central Asia; poverty and social welfare; the politics of the South Caucasus, and the politics of water in Central Asia.
Chapters on each country, containing:
- essays on its recent history and economy, and a chronology of events
- an extensive statistical survey of economic indicators
- a comprehensive directory of the most significant political, commercial and cultural institutions
- a bibliography of books concerned with the country's history, politics and economy.
Who's Who in Eastern Europe, Russia and Central Asia
- biographical information on more than 150 leading political figures in the region
- a directory of major international organizations and research institutes concerned with the region
- select bibliographies of books and periodicals.
Publisher: Taylor & Francis Ltd
Number of pages: 824
Weight: 2155 g
Dimensions: 279 x 216 x 48 mm
Edition: 15th New edition
You may also be interested in...
Please sign in to write a review