A revised edition of this comprehensive introduction to early childhood within an Irish context, reflecting economic, legislative, demographic and social changes, which have occurred since the last edition.
New to this edition:
* Features a number of important policy developments of relevance, including:
- the establishment of the Office of Minister for Children and Youth Affairs (OMCYA) and the Early Years Education Policy Unit
- the development of Siolta- the National Quality Framework for Early Childhood Education by the Centre for Early Childhood Development and Education (CECDE)
-the developments on a National Framework for Early Learning by the National Council for Curriculum and Assessment
* Provides practical examples with suggested applications of theory to achieve best practice and positive learning outcomes for children
* Facilitates student learning in an accessible way through review questions at the end of each chapter
SUITABLE FOR: Early Childhood Education courses at certificate, diploma and degree level FETAC courses in Childcare Level 6 Education courses
Publisher: Gill ISBN: 9780717145645 Number of pages: 238 Weight: 513 g Dimensions: 244 x 175 x 15 mm Edition: 4th Revised edition
Simply reserve online and pay at the counter when you collect.
Available in shop from just two hours, subject to availability.
Thank you for your reservation
Your order is now being processed and we have sent a confirmation email to you at
This item can be requested from the shops shown below. If this item isn't available to be reserved nearby, add the item to your basket instead and select 'Deliver to my local shop' at the checkout, to be able to collect it from there at a later date.
When will my order be ready to collect?
Following the initial email, you will be contacted by the shop to confirm that your item is available for collection.
Call us on or send us an email at
Unfortunately there has been a problem with your order
Please try again or alternatively you can contact your chosen shop on or send us an email at