You will learn about:
* how psychoactive drugs affect cognition, behavior, and emotion
* the brain/behavior relationship
* the specific effects of major addictive and psychoactive drug groups
* new definitions and thinking about abuse and dependence
* the medical and forensic consequences of drugs use
Drugs, the Brain, and Behavior uses a balance of instruction, illustrations, and tables and formulas that will give you a broad, lasting introduction to this intriguing subject. Whether you're a nurse, chemical dependency counselor, psychologist, or clinician, this book will be a quick reference guide long after the first reading.
Publisher: Taylor & Francis Inc
Number of pages: 214
Weight: 254 g
Dimensions: 229 x 152 x 12 mm
Edition: 2nd New edition
You may also be interested in...
Would you like to proceed to the App store to download the Waterstones App?