Double Trouble: Twins and How to Survive Them (Paperback)Emma Mahony (author)
- In stock online
This indispensable guide to multiple pregnancy, birth and beyond, comes from an expert on the subject - Emma Mahony is a twin herself as well as being the mother of twins. Humorous cartoons from the Times' front-page cartoonist make this a lighthearted, informative guide to everything expectant mothers of twins need to know.
Twins are amazing - but multiple pregnancy and birth, not to mention coping with twins once they are born, carries a set of special fears, risks and issues. Many parents-to-be find themselves overwhelmed.
This guide is informative yet informal - in a similar vein to `Best Friends Guide To Pregnancy'.
The author is uniquely experienced in this subject, being a twin and also a mother of baby twins.
Contains advice from pregnancy and childcare experts as well as case studies.
Illustrated inside with humorous cartoons from Jonathan Pugh, father of two and front-page cartoonist at The Times.
An exploration of practical issues such as eating for three, managing breastfeeding, and the trend towards Caesareans for NHS twin births.
* Any special concerns? The unnecessary label of `high risk' in pregnancy.
* Testimonies from mums who have tried different approaches.
* Interviews with medical and midwife experts.
* A step-by-step guide to the different stages of pregnancy and birth, including how to involve the father and explain twins to other siblings.
* Tips on managing once the twins have arrived.
Publisher: HarperCollins Publishers
Number of pages: 240
Weight: 260 g
Dimensions: 216 x 135 x 17 mm