from 2 Hours* Last Christmas
delivery dates Free UK Standard Delivery On all orders over £25 Order in time for Christmas 18th December by 1pm 2nd Class |
20th December by 1pm 1st Class Free Click & Collect From 2 hours after you order*
Dirty Money: The Economics of Sex and Love (Paperback)Marina Adshade (author)
In this witty and revelatory investigation of the so-called dismal science, University of British Columbia professor Marina Adshade skips the usual widgets and uncovers how the market comes to bear on our most intimate decisions: sex, dating, courtship, love, marriage, even breaking up.
The science of ‘sexonomics’ is born:
- How much money does an ugly guy need to have to attract as many women via an online dating site as a hot man?
- Is modern marriage just an opportunity to consume more goods and services?
- Does raising the price of beer reduce risky sex?
- Why does a spike in the sale of sex toys predict an upcoming recession, while an increase in the number of breast lifts indicates a perkier economy is on the way?
- Which comes first: a prosperous nation or a promiscuous one?
Once you read Dirty Money, you’ll never look at your money – or your relationships – the same way again
Publisher: Oneworld Publications
Number of pages: 272
Dimensions: 198 x 129 mm
"A delightful book… Adshade shows that forces of supply and demand indeed loom large in the implicit market for romance." Robert H. Frank
You may also be interested in...
Would you like to proceed to the App store to download the Waterstones App?