DevOps for VMware® Administrators is the first book focused on using DevOps tools and practices with VMware technologies. The authors introduce high-value tools from third parties and VMware itself, and guide you through using them to improve the performance of all your virtualized systems and applications. You'll walk through automating and optimizing configuration management, provisioning, log management, continuous integration, and more.
The authors also offer step-by-step coverage of deploying and managing applications at scale with Docker containers and Google Kubernetes. They conclude with an up-to-the-minute discussion of VMware's newest DevOps initiatives, including VMware vRealize Automation and VMware
vRealize Code Stream.
* Understanding the challenges that DevOps tools and practices can help VMware administrators to solve
* Using Vagrant to quickly deploy Dev and Test environments that match production system specifications
* Writing Chef "recipes" that streamline server configuration and maintenance
* Simplifying Unix/Linux configuration management and orchestration with Ansible
* Implementing Docker containers for faster and easier application management
* Automating provisioning across the full lifecycle with Razor
* Integrating Microsoft PowerShell Desired State Configuration (DSC) and VMware PowerCLI to automate key Windows Server and vSphere VM admin tasks
* Using Puppet to automate infrastructure provisioning, configuration, orchestration, and reporting
* Supercharging log management with ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana)
* Supporting DevOps source code management with Git and continuous integration practices with Jenkins
* Achieving continuous integration, delivery, and deployment with VMware's vRealize Code Stream
Publisher: Pearson Education (US)
Number of pages: 384
Weight: 598 g
Dimensions: 231 x 179 x 21 mm
You may also be interested in...
Please sign in to write a review