Developing Your Counselling and Psychotherapy Skills and Practice (Paperback)Dr. Laco Timulak (author)
- We can order this
- Specific techniques from different therapeutic orientations
- How to tailor the skills or approach used to the specific client problem
- Case conceptualisation and management
- Therapeutic alliance; establishing and exploring the relationship
- Multidisciplinary working
- How to deal with situations such as silence, crying, and aggression.
Integrating cognitive, behavioural, person-centred/experiential and psychodynamic approaches, the author provides research-informed practical instructions on how to deliver therapy and includes extracts from counselling sessions to demonstrate the skills in action.
This is essential reading for postgraduates on Counselling and Psychotherapy Diplomas and Masters courses, and will also be of benefit to Clinical and Counselling Psychology students.
Publisher: SAGE Publications Ltd
Number of pages: 248
Weight: 430 g
Dimensions: 232 x 186 x 14 mm
Paul Jerry, Psychologist & Associate Professor, Athabasca University