With nearly 140 expert clinicians and educators contributing, this authoritative guide offers clear-cut definitions, recommendations and best practices for all types of simulation training programs. This is a must-read for healthcare managers, educators and researchers looking to create or manage successful, cost-effective, researched-based simulation programs.
A wide range of topics -- essential to the development and management of successful and cost-effective simulation programs - include: Simulation Standards - best practices and program development; Types of Simulation Programs - infrastructure, framework; Simulators - types, selection and usage; Funding - fundraising, income sources; Management - asset management, policies and procedures; Environmental Design - building a simulation center; technical infrastructure; and Educational Development; Faculty Development; Research, and more, including:
* Well-referenced, reader-friendly content is continually available, practical and timely
* Standards and recommendations based on actual programs around the world that have proven to be sustainable, cost-effective and successful
* Editors and many authors central to SSH's role in learning and defining best practices for simulation and simulation program management
* Interprofessional group of editors and authors offering diverse perspectives, from areas of nursing, medicine, allied health, numerous specialties, and non-clinical fields
including organizational behavior, psychology, statistics, business, and engineering
* Terms of Reference - Defines and standardizes simulation terms and concepts for users, learners and developers
* Experts Corner - Commentary on particular areas of training, research and program development by simulation experts and founders
* Consider This - Text boxes provide practical how-to sections on important related topics >
Publisher: Lippincott Williams and Wilkins
Number of pages: 800
Weight: 1724 g
Dimensions: 276 x 213 x 25 mm
You may also be interested in...
Would you like to proceed to the App store to download the Waterstones App?