Each new print copy includes Navigate 2 Advantage Access that unlocks a comprehensive and interactive eBook, student practice activities and assessments, a full suite of instructor resources, and learning analytics reporting tools.
Databases Illuminated, Third Edition combines database theory with a practical approach to database design and implementation. Strong pedagogical features, including accessible language, real-world examples, downloadable code, and engaging hands-on projects and lab exercises create a text with a unique combination of theory and student-oriented activities. Providing an integrated, modern approach to databases, Databases Illuminated, Third Edition is the essential text for students in this expanding field.
The text is packaged with a full suite of instructor resources, including a Test Bank, Solutions to Projects and Exercises, Lecture Slides in PowerPoint format, and Additional Projects.
With Navigate 2, technology and content combine to expand the reach of your classroom. Whether you teach an online, hybrid, or traditional classroom-based course, Navigate 2 delivers unbeatable value. Experience Navigate 2 today at www.jblnavigate.com/2
Key features of the Third Edition include:
* A new chapter on the emerging topics of Big Data, NoSQL, and NewSQL
* Revised and expanded coverage on database security, including SQL injection
* Extended coverage of SQL, with additional material on temporal database queries and JDBC
* New features and downloadable SQL code for Oracle 12c, MySQL, and SQL Server
* Updated information on social and ethical issues addressing new regulations and global issues
* Use of the open source software LibreOffice, which is available worldwide at no cost
* Access to Navigate 2 online learning materials including a comprehensive and interactive eBook, student practice activities and assessments, learning analytics reporting tools, and more
Publisher: Jones and Bartlett Publishers, Inc
Number of pages: 718
Weight: 1389 g
Dimensions: 234 x 188 x 43 mm
Edition: 3rd Revised edition