This much-needed study documents positive Arab-American contributions to American life and culture, especially in the last decade, debunking myths and common negative perceptions that were exacerbated by the 9/11 attacks and the War on Terror.
* Incorporates contributions from seven scholars and community activists who have extensive experience in the Arab American community
* Traces key events in Arab American history, beginning with the landing of the first Arab immigrant in 1528 through recent appointments of Arab Americans to the Obama Administration
* Includes artwork and illustrations by prominent Arab American artists
* Contains a map of the Arab world as well as charts, graphs, and tables measuring the economic and political involvement of Arab Americans
* A rich glossary provides a resource of Arabic words to help readers understand Arab traditions still present in Arab American life as well as sociological terms and key political events relevant to recent Arab American history
Number of pages: 261
Weight: 590 g
Dimensions: 235 x 155 x 23 mm
You may also be interested in...
Please sign in to write a review