Drs. Bonnie An Henderson and Sonia H. Yoo have designed this unique reference in which refractive specialists offer expert advice, preferences, and opinions on tough clinical questions commonly encountered by ophthalmologists, residents, and other health care professionals. The unique Q&A format provides quick access to current information related to refractive and lens-based surgery with the simplicity of a conversation between two colleagues. Images, diagrams, and references are included to enhance the text and to illustrate clinical diagnoses and treatment plans. Based on clinical scenarios that a refractive surgeon might encounter in real life, Curbside Consultation in Refractive and Lens-Based Surgery provides information basic enough for residents while also incorporating expert pearls that even high-volume ophthalmologists will appreciate. General ophthalmologists and residents alike will enjoy the user-friendly and casual format.
Some of the questions that are answered:
* How do I manage epithelial ingrowth after LASIK? What if it recurs?
* Should I perform PRK in patients with forme fruste keratoconus?
* How do I manage patients with dry eyes after LASIK surgery?
* How do I determine my surgically induced astigmatism?
* Is a monocular implantation of a multifocal IOL tolerated?
* How do you manage an unhappy multifocal patient who is experiencing halos and glare?
Publisher: SLACK Incorporated
Number of pages: 240
Weight: 599 g
Dimensions: 229 x 152 x 10 mm