Cross-Curricular Teaching in the Primary School: Planning and facilitating imaginative lessons (Paperback)Trevor Kerry (editor)
How can teaching across the curriculum improve children’s learning?
How can you plan meaningful, imaginative topic work?
Cross-Curricular Teaching in the Primary School helps teachers plan a more imaginative, integrated curriculum by presenting in accessible language a rationale and framework for teaching across the subjects. This second edition has been fully updated in light of the new curriculum, and shows how cross-curricular work can contribute to deeper subject knowledge.
Illustrated throughout with examples of effective topic work in successful schools, this book provides guidance on the underpinning theory and strategies to facilitate cross-curricular work with young children. With a new structure to emphasise the importance of careful planning and preparation, issues covered include:
- How children learn
- The theory and rationale behind the cross-curricular approach
- Developing the curriculum and lesson planning
- Teaching and learning in an integrated way at KS1 and KS2
- Cross-curricular approaches for maths
- Whole school approaches and team teaching for cross-curricular teaching
- The role of support staff in cross-curricular teaching
- Improving children’s thinking skills
- Supporting children with special needs
- Using new media and drama to facilitate cross-curricular learning
- Assessing cross-curricular learning.
Cross-Curricular Teaching in the Primary School provides much needed support for busy student and practising teachers. Packed with practical ideas, it offers an accessible guide to all aspects of introducing an integrated curriculum.
Publisher: Taylor & Francis Ltd
Number of pages: 272
Weight: 520 g
Dimensions: 246 x 174 mm
'Overall, this is an excellent and reassuring book, giving all school staff the confidence to embed the approach.'- Sarah Brew, Parents in Touch
You may also be interested in...
Would you like to proceed to the App store to download the Waterstones App?