Crime and Punishment around the World [4 volumes] (Hardback)Professor Graeme R. Newman (editor)
- We can order this
This comprehensive, detailed account explores crime and punishment throughout the world through the eyes of leading experts, local authors and scholars, and government officials.
* Four volumes covering Africa, the Americas, Asia/Pacific, and Europe
* More than 200 essays written by academics, government officials, and independent experts
* Four world maps and sixteen regional maps depicting distribution of murder rates, prison, corporal punishment, and death penalty rates
* A "Learn More" section in each chapter that lists 4-6 recommended readings
* Quick reference information at the start of each entry providing at a glance a country's type of legal system, use or prohibition of capital and corporal punishment, and levels of serious crimes such as murder and human trafficking
Number of pages: 1586
Weight: 6804 g
Dimensions: 298 x 241 x 152 mm
"A handy compilation of country-specific information. . . . Academic, law, and special libraries with comprehensive criminal-justice collections may want to purchase this set." - Booklist
You may also be interested in...
Please sign in to write a review