Creating 6-Trait Revisers and Editors for Grade 4: 30 Revision and Editing Lessons (Paperback)Vicki Spandel (author)
- Not available
Challenge students to be daring, creative, and confident revisers and editors with the help of writing expert Vicki Spandel!
Based on its highly successful parent texts, Creating Writers and Creating Young Writers, this new grade-level series Creating 6-Trait Revisers and EditorsÂ offers teachers a fresh, multi-level lesson series written for the second grade through eighth grade classroom. Vicki Spandel presents classroom teachers with effective toolsÂ for strengthening revision and editing skillsa??thereby increasing the power of writing process. These focused lessons allow students to experience dramatically heightened success as revisers--something many have never known.Â Each research-based volume includes a wealth of interactive lessons based on samples of problematic writing that students revise or edit in teams, with a follow-up coaching discussion led by the teacher. Clear illustrations and step-by-step instructions for each lesson help teachers know precisely what writing skill to focus ona??how to introduce it, present it, and reinforce it in studentsa?? own writing.
Unlike most writing lessons, Creating 6-Trait Revisers and EditorsÂ shows revision in action.Â Students practice revision and editing skills on texts other than their own--in groups, individually, and with partners. A goldmine of focused revision opportunities helps students build skills gradually and systematically, using their knowledge of the six traits. A focused approach ensures that the content of each lesson is manageable.
Vicki skillfully incorporates strategies, ideas, and samples from literatureÂ so that even teachers who have previously felt timid about modeling writing and revision will gain the confidence they need to jump right in and lead students in effectively taking control of their own writing process.
- Complements and extends your own instructional ideas or materials such as Creating Writers (for grades 3 through college).
- Allows students to work on text that is not their own and encourages students to take risks and try new strategies.
- Shows teachersÂ how-toÂ actively "teach" and "model" revision.
- Focuses on one kind of writer's problem at at time to make revision small and manageable--and lets students experience the power that comes with being in charge of their own text.
- Incorporates very student- and teacher-friendly revision and editing practice that EVERY teacher can use.
- Presents a clear pedagogy to invigorate your writing instruction:
- organized into 15 revision lessons and 15 editing lessons, perfect for alternating: one revision lesson, followed by one editing lesson, and so on or introducing conventions and editing skills as you go along
- each revision and editing lesson contains basic components and timelines
- Includes samples of writing and suggestionsÂ to guide you and your students in identifying problems in the text.
- Fits perfectly into any writing workshop format that stresses a process approach to writing.
- Offers tips for extending the lesson and making it more effective for your students.
Publisher: Pearson Education (US)
Weight: 499 g
Dimensions: 276 x 216 x 12 mm
You may also be interested in...
Please sign in to write a review