Create Your School Library Writing Center: Grades K-6 (Paperback)Timothy Joseph Horan (author)
- We can order this
The inventor of the School Library Writing Center makes it easy for librarians and teachers of kindergarten through sixth grade learners to provide highly effective writing instruction.
* Presents practical, actionable guidance for creating and maintaining a School Library Writing Center in a school library setting
* Provides a clear explication of Common Core Writing Standards as they pertain to kindergarten through grade six
* Explains how the writing center is more than a physical location and is the site of a process that encourages successful collaboration between the school librarian and the classroom teacher
* Underscores how the creation of a School Library Writing Center serves to highlight the educational strengths of the school librarian and the pedagogical necessity of the school library
* Includes original reproducible worksheets with each chapter to save readers time and effort in designing their own
* Describes the writer's workshop and tutoring techniques, technological resources and activities that improve student writing, and the creation of a writing portfolio at the end of each grade
Number of pages: 165
"Grab this book on your way to grade level meetings and you'll be ready to collaborate with teachers on meaningful lessons that will complement any instructional unit. The author has also created an online forum as an extension to this text that provides an immediate personal learning network. Recommended." - School Library Connection
You may also be interested in...
Please sign in to write a review