Constructing Grounded Theory - Introducing Qualitative Methods Series (Paperback)Kathy Charmaz (author)
- We can order this from the publisher
This expanded second edition:
- explores how to effectively focus on data collection
- demonstrates how to use data for theorizing
- adds two new chapters that guide you through conducting and analysing interviews in grounded theory
- adds a new chapter on symbolic interactionism and grounded theory
- considers recent epistemological debates about the place of prior theory
- discusses the legacy of Anselm Strauss for grounded theory.
This is a seminal title for anyone serious about understanding and doing grounded theory research.
Publisher: SAGE Publications Ltd
Number of pages: 416
Weight: 710 g
Dimensions: 242 x 170 x 23 mm
Edition: 2nd Revised edition
This is a powerful, richly nuanced, evocative work. It is masterfully grounded in the grounded theory strategies and practices of established scholars. It represents a stunning and brilliantly innovative intervention. It provides ground zero - the starting place for the next generation of social science scholars. A major accomplishment. -- Norman K. Denzin, College of Communications Scholar and Professor of Sociology
This is an excellent book. It is easy to read, gives lots of practical advice and is quite profound. If you are serious about studying the conceptual universes and the interior worlds of research participants in a way which recognises that the researcher is intimately involved in the construction and analysis of data, this is a book which will make you re-think how you conduct research. -- Paul Webb, Research Manager, Praxis Care, Belfast
You may also be interested in...
Would you like to proceed to the App store to download the Waterstones App?
Or, add to basket, pay online, collect in as little as 2 hours, subject to availability.