This book brings together a huge range of material including academic articles, film scripts and interplanetary messages adrift on space probes with supporting commentary to clarify their imporatance to the field. Communication Studies: The Essential Resource is a collection of essays and texts for all those studying communication at university and pre-university level.
Individual sections address:
* texts and meanings in communication
* themes in personal communication
* communication practice
* culture, communication and context
* debates and controversies in communication.
Edited by the same teachers and examiners who brought us AS Communication Studies: The Essential Introduction, this volume will help communications students to engage with the subject successfully. Its key features include:
* suggested further activities at the end of each chapter
* a glossary of key terms
* a comprehensive bibliography with web resources.
Publisher: Taylor & Francis Ltd
Number of pages: 366
Weight: 885 g
Dimensions: 248 x 171 x 19 mm