Offering excellent coverage of today's European and Brazilian Portuguese language and usage this dictionary has been fully revised to reflect recent spelling reform changes. Clear presentation and layout allow maximum accessibility in a portable, hard-wearing format.
* All the latest words in both languages, such as carbon footprint, social networking, credit crunch, with Portuguese updated in line with the new Portuguese spelling reform
* User-friendly supplement to help you develop your confidence in the language
* Help with Portuguese verbs
* Clear layout, useful examples and cultural notes
* Brazilian Portuguese with European Portuguese variants and both UK and US English shown
Designed to give travellers, business people and the general user alike all the information they need in a portable, hard-wearing format.
It includes all the latest words reflecting changes in modern lifestyle and has been fully revised to reflect recent spelling reform changes. It has all the features you would expect from a Collins dictionary: special treatment of key words such as get, some, estar, por and notes about life in Portuguese-speaking countries.
An in-depth and up-to-date supplement helps you to develop your knowledge of Portuguese and your confidence in the language, with information on grammar, as well as the words and phrases you will need in different situations, like writing letters and sending emails.
There is also a section on false friends - common translation mistakes - with examples to show how the words should be used in both languages.
Verb tables show all verb forms for the most common Portuguese verbs.
Publisher: HarperCollins Publishers
Number of pages: 672
Weight: 320 g
Dimensions: 151 x 108 x 25 mm
Edition: 6th Revised edition
You may also be interested in...
Please sign in to write a review