College Entrance Exams: SAT and ACT, Mastering Assessment: A Self-Service System for Educators, Pamphlet 6 (Paperback)W. James Popham (author)
- We can order this
Teachers are often called on by parents to help them understand how aptitude tests such as the SAT and ACT work. This booklet, College Entrance Examinations: The SAT and the ACT, dispels the mystery surrounding these all-important exams, drawing distinctions between aptitude and achievement tests and debating the merits of the various test-preparation strategies that abound.
MASTERING ASSESSMENT is a set of fifteen practical, easy-to-use booklets covering a wide range of topics related to educational assessment and accountability. These groundbreaking booklets put the most relevant information on assessment at teachers' fingertips and provide an important resource for educators looking to learn the ins and outs of becoming "assessment literate." Paired with the series' Facilitator's Guide (available for download at no additional charge from Pearson's Instructor Resource Center), Mastering Assessment is the perfect tool for building assessment literacy either in self-study or a professional development program.
Don't miss all the books in the Mastering Assessment Series by W. James Popham:
* Appropriate and Inappropriate Tests for Evaluating Schools
* Assessing Students' Affect
* Assessing Students with Disabilities
* Assessment Bias: How to Banish It
* Classroom Evidence of Successful Teaching
* Constructed-Response Tests: Building and Bettering
* How Testing Can Help Teaching
* Interpreting the Results of Large-Scale Assessments
* Portfolio Assessment and Performance Testing
* Reliability: What Is It and Is It Necessary?
* Selected-Response Tests: Building and Bettering
* The Role of Rubrics in Testing and Teaching
* Test Preparation: Sensible or Sordid?
* Validity: Assessment's Cornerstone
Publisher: Pearson Education (US)
Number of pages: 32
Weight: 82 g
Dimensions: 178 x 254 x 10 mm
Edition: 2nd edition
You may also be interested in...
Please sign in to write a review