What lies behind decision-making and improved educational and managerial performance? This book tries to answer by putting forth meaningful strategies in the context of planning and executive functions. This is based on five broad themes:
* Decisions are based on both emotions and rationality in varying proportions.
* Emotions and rationality are functions of the brain.
* Origin of planning and executive functions engaged in problem-solving, and how these functions are measured from three worlds, viz., world of physical objects, world of conscious and unconscious states and psychological control, and world of cultural products, such as language, theories in science, and objects of art.
* Improvement in planning and executive functions helps in better performance in both educational achievements and managerial decision-making.
* Methods to boost decision-making and planning.
This book will interest Educational Planners and Managers in business administration as well as the undergraduate and postgraduate students of Psychology, Management and Education.
Publisher: SAGE Publications India Pvt Ltd
Number of pages: 364
Weight: 521 g
Dimensions: 215 x 139 x 22 mm
Das and Misra demonstrate the value of integrating Western traditions of rational analyses with contemplative Eastern approaches to further the understanding of higher levels of cognitive functioning.-- The Journal of Entrepreneurship, * April 20, 2017, March 2016 *
You may also be interested in...
Please sign in to write a review