China at War: An Encyclopedia (Hardback)Xiaobing Li (editor)
- We can order this
This comprehensive volume traces the Chinese military and its experiences over the past 2,500 years, describing clashes with other kingdoms and nations as well as internal rebellions and revolutions.
* Approximately 300 A-Z entries covering China's military tradition over the past 2,500 years
* Contributions from over 50 distinguished international scholars from China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Japan, Great Britain, Canada, and the United States
* Maps of China and Asia, depicting provinces and major cities, major battles and campaigns, and disputed borders
* Photographs of military leaders, soldiers, weapon systems, and battle grounds
* Selected multicultural bibliography of research materials from the field of military history, both in English and in Chinese
* A helpful appendix of Chinese dynasties
Number of pages: 605
Weight: 1451 g
Dimensions: 254 x 177 x 43 mm
"Overall, this is a strong reference tool for students new to modern Chinese military history. Recommended." - Choice
"Specialists will find useful data collected here." - Library Journal
You may also be interested in...
Please sign in to write a review