Children of the Whales, Vol. 1 - Children of the Whales 1 (Paperback)Abi Umeda (author)
- In stock online
In an endless sea of sand drifts the Mud Whale, a floating island city of clay and magic. In its chambers a small community clings to survival, cut off from its own history by the shadows of the past.
Chakuro is the archivist for the Mud Whale, diligently chronicling the lives and deaths of his people. As one of the short-lived thymia wielders, he knows his time is limited and is determined to leave a better record than his predecessors. But the steady pace of their isolated existence on the Mud Whale is abruptly shattered when a scouting party discovers a mysterious young girl who seems to know more about their home than they do...
A gripping post-apocalyptic fantasy adventure in the vein of Nausicaa.
* Releases 6 times a year for 9+ volumes. Series is ongoing.
* Anime to be released Fall 2017.
* For fans of Hayao Miyazaki, Moebius, Garth Nix, Phillip Pullman, Tamora Pierce.
* Ties into the ongoing trend of post-apocalyptic stories with YA protagonists such as Hunger Games, Divergent, The 100, The Knife of Never Letting Go, and The Last of Us.
* The European-comics-influenced art and fantasy setting lend this title crossover potential for mainstream comics readers.
Publisher: Viz Media, Subs. of Shogakukan Inc
Number of pages: 200
Weight: 218 g
Dimensions: 210 x 146 x 18 mm
You may also be interested in...
“Beautiful artwork and a story with potential ”
It's really rare to find new manga published in English that don't have any major backing that really stand out. The first volume of The Children of the Whales did just that though, with a cover to match the... More
“An original fantasy story of friendship and survival.”
I love the setting of this manga. The vast, bright, sun-bleached desert extending to every horizon. The huge weathered rock cities that sail across the sand. The claustrophobic tunnels deep within the cities full of... More
Please sign in to write a review