Updated for C11
Write powerful C programs...without becoming a technical expert! This book is the fastest way to get comfortable with C, one incredibly clear and easy step at a time. You'll learn all the basics: how to organize programs, store and display data, work with variables, operators, I/O, pointers, arrays, functions, and much more. C programming has neverbeen this simple!
Who knew how simple C programming could be?
This is today's best beginner's guide to writing C programs-and to learning skills you can use with practically any language. Its simple, practical instructions will help you start creating useful, reliable C code, from games to mobile apps. Plus, it's fully updated for the new C11 standard and today's free, open source tools! Here's a small sample of what you'll learn:
* Discover free C programming tools for Windows, OS X, or Linux
* Understand the parts of a C program and how they fit together
* Generate output and display it on the screen
* Interact with users and respond to their input
* Make the most of variables by using assignments and expressions
* Control programs by testing data and using logical operators
* Save time and effort by using loops and other techniques
* Build powerful data-entry routines with simple built-in functions
* Manipulate text with strings
* Store information, so it's easy to access and use
* Manage your data with arrays, pointers, and data structures
* Use functions to make programs easier to write and maintain
* Let C handle all your program's math for you
* Handle your computer's memory as efficiently as possible
* Make programs more powerful with preprocessing directives
Publisher: Pearson Education (US)
Number of pages: 352
Weight: 520 g
Dimensions: 230 x 180 x 20 mm
Edition: 3rd edition
You may also be interested in...
Would you like to proceed to the App store to download the Waterstones App?