Bundle:Haylock Maths Explained 5/e + Wkbook 2/eDerek Haylock (author)
- Not available
This specially discounted book pack combines the new fifth edition of Derek Haylock's much loved textbook Mathematics Explained for Primary Teachers with the brand new interactive ebook and the updated accompanying Student Workbook
Mathematics Explained for Primary Teachers
?Mathematics Explained for Primary Teachers develops your own understanding of mathematical concepts, and how children learn them, so you can confidently teach mathematics to primary children.
Tried and tested, the fifth edition of Derek Haylock's much loved textbook matches the 2014 curriculum requirements for England. Every chapter integrates children's learning, classroom practice, and the teachers own requirements for subject knowledge, making this the ideal text to guide you through your studies and beyond.
Get interactive with the new online version - the fifth edition includes free access to an interactive online textbook, giving you the flexibility and support to study how and where you want. Access additional study material direct via the interactive eBook or by visiting the accompanying companion website - a maths teaching toolkit at your fingertips!
In your teaching toolkit:
* Mini video lectures by Derek introduce each key section of the book
* Step-by-step worked solution videos show students how to work through problems visually, so they can
learn at their own pace
* Lesson plans and activities enabling students to apply what they learn
* Links to the National Curriculum throughout keep trainees abreast of current numeracy teaching standards,
and help shape their teaching and lesson plans
* Teaching and learning points highlight important issues and potential challenges they may face, enabling
them to apply what they learn in a classroom setting
* Practice questions test their understanding
* Derek's Blog offering up to date information and tips
* Free access to SAGE Journal articles keeps students informed of topical research.
This Student Workbook reinforces and applies concepts introduced in Derek Haylock's Mathematics Explained for Primary Teachers. With over 500 tested questions endorsed by primary PGCE trainees, along with detailed solutions and explanatory notes, the Student Workbook helps you gain the confidence you need to understand, apply and teach the primary maths curriculum.Checking Understanding tasks help you check your understanding of key concepts and principles Using and Applying tasks encourage you to apply mathematical concepts to real life situations. Learning and Teaching tasks introduce you to common errors and misconceptions children learning numeracy struggle with, and help you consider how best to support them.
Publisher: SAGE Publications Ltd
Weight: 1210 g
You may also be interested in...
Would you like to proceed to the App store to download the Waterstones App?
Or, add to basket, pay online, collect in as little as 2 hours, subject to availability.