Bridging GCSE and A-level Maths Student Book (Paperback)Mark Rowland (author)
- In stock online
Ensure students are fully prepared for A-Level Maths with this revised second edition, fully updated to bridge the GCSE Maths 9-1 and A-level 2017 specifications.
Written by an experienced A-level author who is a practising A-level teacher, this fully updated edition is an ideal resource to be used in the classroom or for independent study.
Similar in structure to Collins Maths revision guides, the Bridging GCSE and A-level Maths Student Book is split into an explanation section and a practice section.
* Identify and understand the transition from GCSE to AS and A-level Maths with `What you should already know' objectives and `What you will learn' objectives at the start of each topic
* Get a head start on your AS/A-level Maths with introductions to key pure maths topics for all exam boards (AQA, OCR, MEI and Edexcel)
* Boost your understanding with worked examples which include extra guidance in the form of `Handy hint', `Checkpoint', `A-level Alert!' and `Common error' boxes
* Reinforce and build on your maths to fully prepare you for AS level/A-level with worked examples and plenty of practice questions from Grades 7-9 at GCSE Level extending to AS standard
* Think and draw on different areas of maths with investigations at the end of some topics
* Check your progress with answers to Maths practice questions at the back of the book
* Test your understanding of the maths you've covered with the practice exam paper
Publisher: HarperCollins Publishers
Number of pages: 144
Weight: 320 g
Dimensions: 265 x 192 x 6 mm
Edition: 2nd Revised edition
The transition between GCSE and AS/A-level mathematics is considerable. This essential textbook will help students navigate their way through all the key concepts and applications to enable students to achieve real success in post-16 mathematics.
Head of Mathematics
Frome Community College