Biofueled Reciprocating Internal Combustion Engines (Paperback)K. A. Subramanian (author)
- We can order this
Biofuels such as ethanol, butanol, and biodiesel have more desirable physico-chemical properties than base petroleum fuels (diesel and gasoline), making them more suitable for use in internal combustion engines. The book begins with a comprehensive review of biofuels and their utilization processes and culminates in an analysis of biofuel quality and impact on engine performance and emissions characteristics, while discussing relevant engine types, combustion aspects and effect on greenhouse gases. It will facilitate scattered information on biofuels and its utilization has to be integrated as a single information source. The information provided in this book would help readers to update their basic knowledge in the area of "biofuels and its utilization in internal combustion engines and its impact Environment and Ecology". It will serve as a reference source for UG/PG/Ph.D. Doctoral Scholars for their projects / research works and can provide valuable information to Researchers from Academic Universities and Industries.
* Compiles exhaustive information of biofuels and their utilization in internal combustion engines.
* Explains engine performance of biofuels
* Studies impact of biofuels on greenhouse gases and ecology highlighting integrated bio-energy system.
* Discusses fuel quality of different biofuels and their suitability for internal combustion engines.
* Details effects of biofuels on combustion and emissions characteristics.
Publisher: Taylor & Francis Ltd
Number of pages: 262
Weight: 635 g
Dimensions: 254 x 178 mm