Becoming a Counsellor: A Student Companion (Paperback)Kirsten Amis (author)
- We can order this
- choosing a course and theoretical orientation
- clarifying roles - who's who on the course?
- explaining common pedagogical activities and expectations, including the personal development journal
- assessment, supervision and support
- ethical and legal issues.
While earlier chapters introduce methods of learning and developing for those new to the field, later sections addressing research, supervision and placements will be of interest to students who are studying at a higher level.
This engaging, straightforward introduction to counselling will be an essential companion for students new to counselling throughout their training, whether on basic introductory or postgraduate diploma courses.
Publisher: SAGE Publications Ltd
Number of pages: 248
Weight: 460 g
Dimensions: 232 x 186 x 15 mm
Dr Andrew Reeves
Counsellor, Supervisor, Trainer and Editor of Counselling and Psychotherapy Research journal