Autism…What Does It Mean To Me?: A Workbook Explaining Self Awareness and Life Lessons to the Child or Youth With High Functioning Autism or Asperger's (Paperback)Catherine Faherty (author)
Almost every facet of a person’s life is explored, including areas particular to autism, and areas every person engages with. Among these are:
- Ways of thinking, including focused interests
- Perfection versus doing your best
- The support of schedules
- Sensory experience, including stimming
- Creative expression
- Learning about and interacting with people
- Writing Social Stories
- Understanding speech and expressions in others
- Types of communication, including verbal or nonverbal
- Self-advocacy and miscommunication
- Supportive structures for school and approaching ieps
- Friendship, play, online acquaintances and safety
- Emotions, including feeling anxious or upset, depression, and outbursts
The book concludes with an extended section on happiness, including relaxation, exercise, gratitude, forgiveness, kindness, positive attitude, and making the world a better place.
Extensive materials designed especially for older readers, as well as for parents, therapists, and teachers, are included. Understanding what’s actually true and supporting acceptance and appreciation form the cornerstones of Catherine’s approach and the workbook. This new book is completely updated and revised from the original edition with the “Asperger’s” title. It adds more than 150 pages of brand new material and worksheets.
Publisher: Future Horizons Incorporated
Weight: 1433 g
Dimensions: 229 x 152 mm
You may also be interested in...
Would you like to proceed to the App store to download the Waterstones App?