Art A Children's Encyclopedia (Hardback)DK (author)
- In stock
Open your eyes to the wonderful world of art inside this beautiful book.
From ancient cave paintings to modern-day street art, this gorgeously illustrated art book for children traces the development of painting, sculpture, and photography through the ages. It's the ultimate introduction to the world of art for kids!
Inside the pages of this children's art encyclopedia, you'll find:
- "Artist profiles" explore the lives and major works of key painters, sculptors, photographers, musicians, and dancers
- "Closer look" spreads delve deeper into a work of art, highlighting technique, details, and symbols
- Stunning double-page spreads feature important works of art in full colour
- Packed with artworks and photographs, clearly explained and annotated
- Comprehensive, age-appropriate coverage tackles key curriculum topics
The greatest art exhibition at your fingertips! Packed with fascinating facts, clear explanations, and stunning photography, Art A Children's Encyclopedia takes you on a magical tour through time exploring every artistic style and movement in stunning detail. From Leonardo da Vinci's iconic Mona Lisa to Vincent van Gogh's spectacular The Starry Night, this art history book celebrates the lives of groundbreaking artists and their most famous art masterpieces.
Get to grips with world-famous sculptures, such as the ancient Chinese Terracotta Army and Henry Moore's beautiful bronze casts. Then find out about photography, from the development of the camera to pioneering photographers such as Johannes Vermeer and Julia Margaret Cameron. Designed for both parent and child to enjoy together, this essential visual arts guide is guaranteed to encourage a love of art through the generations.
Publisher: Dorling Kindersley Ltd
Number of pages: 208
Weight: 1062 g
Dimensions: 283 x 221 x 19 mm
You may also be interested in...
Would you like to proceed to the App store to download the Waterstones App?
Or, add to basket, pay online, collect in as little as 2 hours, subject to availability.